Friday, November 23, 2012

The C Words



 I wrote a complete novel and that is so freaking awesome, the conductor should let the flugelhorns blow.  For the past six weeks I have been contemplating what to do with my manuscript.  Didn’t really write it for coin, but I could use some about now.  Currently, I don’t have much cash and it takes a considerable amount to self-publish.  My friends have offered to start up a collection to contribute to the cause because they know I poured a whole lot of soul into this effort over an entire calendar.  The characters in my book are comedic, confused and conflicted like me.  I tried for years to find another traditional career and couldn't.  My personal financial cliff is closing in as my checkbook suctions cups my meager assets in a choke hold.  The coolest thing about Facebook is discovering uplifting comments.  Today I saw this post from a friend.

It is exactly the correct thing for me to consider.  Thank you, Universe, for letting this catch my eye.  A few days ago, I called out to my friends that I had decided to make a decision.  I couldn’t promise when.  I have done my calculations, considered my options and am committing myself to take the next baby step toward creating a paperback.  I am choosing to take a colossal chance.  I hope you’ll purchase a copy when they are available and keep me out of your trash cans looking for food.  This is my year of change.     

4 comments:

  1. WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!! Great decision Mr Nightwriter. Count me in to help in any way I can. You can do this, I know you can. Just keep stepping towards the dream, one foot in front of the other. Ready .... set .... GO!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes! Change. What better way to wrap the year up than with a big decision toward change. Perfect! I'm very happy for you and will cheer you on with supportive hands as you embark on your new journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you! I know there will likely be set backs along the way but I am positive you will never be sorry that you are opening this door and setting forth on this next phase of your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Glenn,
    So very happy for you and your accomplishment. Move forward with gusto. You are well on your way.
    And while you are at it, enjoy all the terrain of this ride you are on.
    Becki

    ReplyDelete